It is a natural refreshing beverage that is excellent for electrolyte replenishment. In summers a person loses a considerable amount of water due to perspiration. Coconut water contains a good amount of electrolyte- potassium, thus it can replenish the electrolyte composition in body fluids. Coconut water is better than packed or fresh fruit juices, sodas and energy drinks as it’s not adulterated with preservatives or artificial sweeteners .
1. Drinking coconut water can also aid in losing weight as it is low in fat, cholesterol and chlorides. It reduces food cravings and keeps a person feeling full.
2. It is excellent drink for diabetics as it is good in nutrients required by diabetics to keep their sugar levels in control.
3. The risk of kidney stones is greatly reduced because of the presence of minerals, potassium and magnesium in coconut water. Tender coconut fluids acts as a natural diuretic because it has properties that tend to increase urine production and flow. Urologists around the world recommend that kidney stone sufferers should drink coconut water every alternate day to gradually reduce their stone size for easy elimination.
4. Loaded with vital nutrients, coconut water is a very good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, and folates. It is rich in amino acids, enzymes, dietary fiber, vitamin C and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and manganese .It is also very beneficial as it has anti viral and anti bacterial properties.
5. Coconut water works wonders for your skin too. Researches show that coconut water have cytokinins which are beneficial for anti aging-effects. When applied to acne, spots, wrinkles, stretch marks, cellulite and eczema it clears up the skin giving you youthful looking smoother skin. It can be used as a light moisturizer if you have oily skin. In addition to the benefits to the skin it also helps in repairing and growth of nails and smooth hair.
6. Coconut water has high amounts of potassium so it reduces hypertension by promoting excretion of water out of the body.
So, go ahead and indulge in this nutritious fluid and enjoy its abundant health benefits.
[Source : http://zeenews.india.com]